Tuesday 16 November 2010

The BackStory, Fog, Madrid, Sevilla - melt down


What you dear reader might want to remember is ya man here the hero of these stories is me, an asthmatic, dyslexic Essex mechanic, that managed with some graft to get himself a degree at 28.
So here I am in Spain, and it’s not sunny, Lleida was picked me for my re-birth.
The sixth of January two hours from the coast I entered the shittiest foggy nightmare – the swish train left me at a modern airport style station concrete, glass harsh corners – minus two degrees.
Don, my new employer had got stuck somewhere conveniently better and left me to find the hostel that was to be my home for the next three weeks.
Teaching English was the job, bollocks really, you entertain brats after- school so mum and dad can take a break and have a beer. Little fucks I hated them. Had I not rented out my flat in Cheltenham and been so willing to learn a new language – I'd have fecked off.




Two week fog, Madrid snow, Sevilla melt down

The swanky train entered some fog, I didn’t come out of it till two weeks later – let me put the record straight, unless you are on the coast of Spain the main land only has two types of weather fucking freezing or boiling I’m talking -10 to plus 50, along the coast 6 degrees min and 30 max. It was hell of a shock. I went to Madrid in Feb and it snowed – I was not prepared. Much the same as you can’t for 43degrees that’s about 110 in old money – that’s not the desert just Seville at about 4pm mid June – insane. I was looking for a parking space underground and the air-conditioning wasn’t working. How could people live in this? Fact is they die, much like in the extreme cold in Russia; the old and infirm peg it. ;-p

No comments:

Post a Comment