Saturday 6 November 2010

Testículos - huevos



I had a lump it had been there for a long time but it had gotten bigger and I was now working in Logroño the capital of La Rioja, it was feb and I needed to get it checked out – I thought I have time to do the opp if I need it and recover over the spring. So down to the medical centre and I needed number to get seen so off to the town hall to ponce about with forms for half a day, if you have ever been on Social Security in the UK well you can imagine the type of place all the scum of the earth, nonsense forms.
Back to the med-centre , the receptionist asked me if I wanted a male or female doctor – well given the nature of things I went for Jose Torres. Appointment for tomorrow morning. Nervous as fuck but hey it has to be done. I wait outside with all the other lowlifes with snotty kids and incontinent octogenarians. I see an A4 sheet of paper stuck to the door, Dr.Torres will be assisted by training Dr.Maria something-or-other, great so there will be a woman in there too, well screw it I’m here waiting now and I just crack on. The door opens and an attractive lady in her 30ies calls my name. Ok so she just opens the door Dr.Torres will be at his desk, nope she is at the helm too and Torres is nowhere to be seen. Red face – out with it, ‘Bit embarrassing, I have a lump on my left testicle’ She complemented me on my Spanish which by now about a year was ok and asked me to lower my garments and sit on the bed thing. So legs up and dick in hand to hide the non-penis that was shrinking fast. Latex glove on I show her where it is, a quick prod-prod, squeeze-squeeze and then who pops his head in the scene ya-man Dr.Torres, well fuck me Manuel where have you been. He confirms, big lump – hospital scan next week. So that quick – as I thought could be nasty.
I have to sat that the medical treatment and investigation was ten out of ten the lump was nothing just water and like the UK it only cost me a red face. The continuation of this story is that another year later, I went back to the doctors to get those little blue tablets as you have to get a prescription here. And yes Manuel was on his coffee break again, another red face. What did make me laugh was the next day I was with a very attractive woman from work we had breakfast in bar after a class and as I walked out who was sitting there, non other that my lady doctora. I just said hello but didn’t explain to my colleagues who she was. I smiled at what doc must have thought.

2 comments:

  1. I had a similar experience, woman doctor (German, brutish,no-nonsense) checking my ball sack, I fainted, was helped onto bed and a young pretty assistant held my legs up to get the blood flowing back to my brain, whilst my trousers and underwear remained resolutely around my ankles. I wasn't embarrassed though as I have nothing to be ashamed of in that area!
    Dom

    ReplyDelete